No nuclear facilities...

I’m new to UE and found this in the Terms & Conditions…

General Restrictions

You may not engage in any activity with respect to the Licensed Technology, including as incorporated into a Product, (1) for any gambling-related activities or Products (as defined by law in the jurisdiction of use); (2) for operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation, aircraft communication systems or air traffic control machines, or for military use; (3) in violation of any applicable law or regulation; (4) in which the Licensed Technology is rented or leased; (5) that misappropriates any of Epic’s other products or services; (6) in support of a claim by you or any third party that the Licensed Technology infringes a patent. You also may not sell or a security interest in the Licensed Technology.

…well I guess I’ll have to use Cryengine for my project :wink: XD LOL.

Yeah, that clause killed a lot of promising projects :slight_smile:

PS: Moved this to off-topic

That line just ruined Pinky and the 's plot to take over the world.

Well, let’s just say that you’d be in some real trouble if float precision error was a thing and your nuke ended up .1 degrees (10KM) away from it’s target.

Float precision? Bah, c’mon, real men use integers.

Darn! My plan to take over the world has been foiled! Curse you Epic! Curse you!!! :wink:

I must be a god… Random Floats ftw!

Whoop-Whoop!

My two favorite parts of the EULA are

1: You can’t use UE4 for aircraft or drone control/flight specifically, but it doesn’t mention boats or spacecraft (Still wouldn’t do it if I was you).

2: If you make a coin-op arcade machine, you owe no royalties on profits from that. I love classic arcades!

Hmmm, Could do some type of Toy Soldier thing where you’re playing a game but actually controlling a real fighter spacecraft.

I thought US drones are controlled this way? :wink:

The Nuclear restriction is very common for software. All of the software I worked on in the tech industry had the same restriction. Most also had the restriction that they couldn’t be used in any kind of medical life support system, I don’t see that restriction with UE4, so someone could make a hella cool cardiac particle display :wink:

See, you just need to use it to operate a cold fusion (more accurately known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions/Lattice Assisted Nuclear Reactions etc.) experiment instead, problem solved :cool:

I think Epic Games was more worried about this :slight_smile:

No Ender’s Game for Predator Drones !

I watched the “WarGames” movie a few times. Note how computer tech changed over 30 years!

YES! Girls actually ARE interested in “tech” guys nowadays, not just in the movies!

The boy in the movie almost started World War III by using a program to auto-dial all of the phone numbers and hacked into a few sites.

i’m wondering about “military use” restriction. Which tools (i.e. muscles :)) do software company (software giant) have to stop inappropriate using of software? I bet that EULA doesnt work in such case (even inside of USA).

yeah, it makes sense, that’s why CryEngine is more suitable for such kind of projects.