No makefile Ubuntu

Hi,

i’m trying to build the editor(4.5) in ubuntu linux 14.04.

After i execute the ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh script i have this output:

Github build
Checking / downloading the latest archives

Asset Optional.zip up to date
Asset Required_1of2.zip up to date
Asset Required_2of2.zip up to date

All assets are up to date, not unpacking zip files again.

Building ThirdParty libraries
==> BuildLND

Everything seems to be fine but i cant find the makefile inside the UnrealEngine folder to build the editor??

There are errors in the process since you are missing the following bellow after the ==> BuildLND line, you may want to try ./GenerateProjectFiles.sh -updatedeps

********** SUCCESS ****************

Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files…

• xbuild Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/UnrealBuildTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/AutomationTool_Mono.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Scripts/AutomationScripts.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Linux/Linux.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/Android/Android.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • xbuild Source/Programs/AutomationTool/HTML5/HTML5.Automation.csproj /verbosity:quiet /nologo /p:TargetFrameworkVersion=v4.0 /p:Configuration=Development
  • mono Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -makefile
    Using clang version ‘3.5.0’ (string), 3 (major), 5 (minor), 0 (patch)
    Binding IntelliSense data… 100%
  • set +x

thank you, worked so far…

now i have this issue when i try to make SlateViewer:

[1/1] Link SlateViewer
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLND
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

any libs missing?

This part is confusing - if building LND fails you don’t get any error messages. This is what happened in your case, as it should proceed further than that. Please look up log in Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/BuildThirdParty.log to see why LND could not be built.

http://www.pasteall.org/54525

here is my log!

this is what make ShaderCompileWorker UnrealLightmass UE4Editor gives me…

http://www.pasteall.org/54526

i managed to fix the ilnd problem…
but now i get this error when i want to make the slateviewer:

/home/deedox/Desktop/UnrealEngine/Engine/Intermediate/Build/Linux/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/SlateViewer/Development/Core/Module.Core.2_of_5.cpp.o: In function FLinuxWindow::SetOpacity(float)': /home/deedox/Desktop/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/Linux/LinuxWindow.cpp:486: undefined reference to SDL_SetWindowOpacity’
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The current .zips are probably not up to date. You can compile SDL from sources if you don’t want to wait.