No longer able to paint foliage

A while back I had created my landscape and painted some foliage on it. Since then I have built upon my level adding physics, static meshes, and various volumes (Audio, Blocking, and Postprocessing). Now I want to finish adding foliage to my landscape, however it no longer allows me to paint any on. The foliage painter will not paint regardless of which filter is enabled on the tool, It will only allow me to erase foliage I had already painted. I have tried using foliage layers,duplicating the landscape, and even deleting everything in the level except for the landscape. Any idea what could be causing this? Is it possible my landscape became corrupted somehow? If I have to create a new landscape is there a way to create a height map from the original one so I will get the same shape?

I will just create a new project and migrate all my assets in and re create the landscape, I sketched out some improvements I will make to the layout and add some other features too which will make it ultimately more interesting. It sucks to start over but in the end my demo will benefit from it and I will continue to get a better grasp on Unreal’s features. :slight_smile: