No Layer assigned on Landscape help

Hi! I am making a landscape and created a material with a layer blend node and 2 textures like this:

I assigned that material to the landscape:

But in Paint mode of the Landscape tool there is not any layer and one error:

Bug?

In the list of paint layers, there is a “+” to the right, click that, and select the default weight option, then select a folder for UE to save that layer info in. You should be able to paint with it after that.

2 Likes

Here?

Yeah, they should be listed in the Layers part like:

In your material, in the LayerBlend - are your layers set as LB Weight Blend?

yes.

I solved it…

Show all layers turned off by default!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello, I am facing the same issue but in my case Show all layers are also turn on.

Hey!! Guys, help facing the same issue, in my case Show all layers is checked.

Hi HoidenHema,

Does your landscape paint panel look like this?

Hello, RecourseDesign.

Thanks for your help.
I am adding screenshot of what my landscape setting looks like. Kindly have a look.
In my case layers are missing.

1 Like

From where, I can able to create the layers??

That’s a landscape layer - Make sure you have a layer selected in Landscape Edit mode:

Hello RecourseDesign

Thanks for the help, Yes that option is selected but still not getting Layers options under Paint.
I used simple Material to create landscape material, Just wondering Did I choose the right Material.
Added screenshot for the same.
I am using 5.2.1 version.

Yes that’s the correct material type.

Try making an “Instance” of your material, and then change all the landscape tiles to point to that instead.

Hey, Just created Instance material and apply it to mesh.
I have no idea how to change landscape tiles to point. Can you show me a screenshot of that. That would be helpful.

Just the way you did it before - selecting all the LandscapeStreamingProxies (aka tiles):

I tested creating a simple landscape layer blend earlier and had the same issue as you - but then created an instance and set the tiles to it and it starting working - I was then able to set the tiles back to the original material and it still worked - so it’s as if it’s resetting something when you change it.

Thanks Recourse Design
I tried to follow the same, but still its not working for me.

I will try to reinstall the unreal again, maybe that could help.

Thanks for your time and patience.
Thanks alot.

I don’t think that will help.

One other thing - I did change each of the blend layers names from none to something unique for each layer - it could be that what causes it to get in that state.

Try renaming them and then changing the material on the tiles again.

3 Likes

OMG, Its worked.
Naming was the issue. OH GOD!!!
Thank you so much.

Really appreciate the help. Thanks

1 Like

Hi! Same problem, I’m not able to paint the tiles, no matter what I do. I can’t paint my landscape, and sometimes I can’t use any textures for this.

Thanks, GOD! It has blown my mind! Just rename! It’s worked! Bless you!

1 Like