No input from Blackmagic Ultrastudio Recorder 3G

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Ultrastudio Recorder 3G to output the video of my Canon 6D to Unreal Engine (4.25.3). I know, my gear is very low-end, but it’s what I can have at the moment to start learning this workflow.

I have tested it in OBS and some meeting apps with success, but even when I have setted up every last driver, software version and plugin inside Unreal as the documentation and forums of UE says -following some steps shared in Facebook Groups and Youtube Videos too- but I’m not getting the video input in Unreal.

My camera (Canon 6D) has configured the video at 1920x1080 30FPS, and it appears as 525i59.54 NTSC on the BM Media Express, so I have configured the Media Bundle accordingly. Since the device appears listed on the Configuration of the Media Source, I think it should work right?

But still, with this configuration and trying both, 8 and 10 bit YUV, I can’t see the video output inside Unreal, including clicking on “Request Play Media button in the Details panel” as the documentation says and even trying the 11.5.1 version of the Desktop Video Setup, which was reported in the UE forum as the solution for some high-end capture cards. But sadly it doesn’t support mine…

Please, if any of you have tested the Ultrastudio Recorder 3G with success inside Unreal, or have an idea or alternative that could make it work with my gear… please, let me know.

NOTE: I have tried the HD720 option too, because someone of the community told me to try it, but it doesn’t work neither.

Take care and thanks for your time.

hello, same problem, you’ve solved?