No info at all for "Allow cooked content in the editor"

There is zero mentions in the docs at all about what it is and how it works.
The only mentions I found was random incremental changelog between versions and** the most helpful tooltip ever **(so helpful it ought to win Tooltip of the Year) in the Editor: “limited to subset of supported asset types”. Wow, great, what are the asset types, what the limitations that come with each of them?
How does it even work?

Hey Kein, thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like we need to add some documentation about this editor option. Let me reach out to the team and see what we can do. I’ll try and reach out to you once I know more.

2 months later and we are still here…

Hey Kein, I just checked and there is a ticket in the backlog to add info about that feature. The doc team has a lot going on right now with everything detailed in the 2020 recap and 2021 preview stickied post, so we haven’t gotten around to it yet, but be assured it hasn’t been forgotten.

Heey, any news about this feature?

Hello, is there any update on this? I am also interested in this feature.

Hello,

No, this is still backlogged. There’s a lot of high-priority doc content we have to take care of right now, so all the backlogged tickets are going to be waiting until we publish the docs we are currently working on.

1 Like

Hello, I have an update on this feature, we’ve received information from the devs.
If you enable Allow Cooked Content In Editor, you can access content from .pak files in a read-only way.
We adopted this for mod support (UT) and as a workaround for copywritten third-party content (Robo Recall).
Basically we could package it up and make it accessible, but not give users access to edit those things.
Otherwise, if this isn’t enabled, you can’t access stuff that’s cooked externally.

2 Likes