No engine.ini file? (Mac)

Trying to install the Epic Games Launcher so I can download and use Unreal Engine, asked Epic Games support about this and they redirected me here (odd since I would think that this is an issue with the launcher itself and not Unreal Engine?).

Basically, every time I try to use the launcher, it gets stuck on an updating screen and gives me a SU-MD-HSH error. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

website says,

"Exit the Epic Games Launcher entirely.
Navigate to the following directory:
/Users/{user name}/Library/Preferences/Unreal Engine/EpicGamesLauncher/Mac/
Open the Engine.ini file in a text editor.
Edit the file to include the following:
[Launcher]
ForceNonSslCdn=false

Note: If the file has the above entry saying true change it to false. If you don’t see the above entry at all in the file then copy and paste it into the file.
Save the file.
Try launching the Epic Games Launcher."

however, there’s no engine.ini file in the launcher files. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher multiple times now, and I’ve experienced the same exact thing every time. Please help

1 Like

I found a solution. First, make sure you have the launcher closed. Then, simply go to /Users/{user name}/Library/Preferences/Unreal Engine/EpicGamesLauncher/Mac/ and if there is no Engine.ini file, make a copy of any of the other .ini files, open the copy using a text editor, delete EVERYTHING inside of it, and paste the txt below into it(this should be the only thing in the file). Once you’ve done this, save it(Command+S) and open the Launcher.

[Launcher]
ForceNonSslCdn=false

1 Like

having same issue

where do you go to type in the /Users/{user name}/Library/Preferences/Unreal Engine/EpicGamesLauncher/Mac/

cmd+shift+g

hi i user in Mac and I have this problem but I can fix it if you need my help
please send me to my email: [daniel062022@icloud.com]
I can fix in windows

@kotnk1242 CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE