I’ve been using UE4 for a bit now, and tried to download CLion integration, eventually I saw that it was going to be added in 4.19 so I decided to try and go back to the basics (even though I hate using VS).
I tried the following:
- Re-installing (removed and then installed) UE4.18.
- Removing VS from my PC (I had 2015 & 2017, removed them both and then installed just 2017 using the ue installed).
- Verifying UE 4.
- Removing VS 2017 and installing 2015.
- Installing all the needed things (WinSDK 10 & 8.1 several times).
- Putting the VS in Program Files (x86).
Nothing seems to work and every time I just see the same annoying error
“No compiler was found…”
What do I do?
A couple of extra notes:
- Worked before I tried to use The CLion integration (downloaded as a plugin).
- Worked with VS 2015.
- After deciding not to use CLion for now, started to ask me for VS 2015.
- UE 4.17.2 works just fine.
- When I removed VS and reinstalled it, I used the installer and left everything as is, and when I clicked “OK” in the dialog that says “Click OK once you installed VS 2017” It just popped the dialog back up again.
- UE 4.18 is installed on an SSD on drive C, and VS 2017 is installed on drive F.
Thanks in advance,