No animation playback in Sequencer?

I’m trying to record live gameplay within sequencer. It appears to correctly capture the player animation (in the content browser I can open and preview the animation), however, the track in sequencer doesn’t seem to animate.

It looks like the animation track is there but in the viewport (and render) the player doesn’t play the animation.

Any ideas?

Edit: Solved it by adding a new track to the mesh, “animation mode”, and setting that to use animation asset (not anim BP). I think this should be default for characters / anything recorded live really.

4 Likes

I would have NEVER known this. Thank you for writing this! It would have taken be days to figure out instead of the 30 minutes before finding this post.

1 Like

Several years later - still relevant. Thank you, man.

1 Like

Hi, I’m from the future. I can’t believe how convoluted getting this basic stuff working is, but thank you for posting this! Worked great for me. Can’t believe more people aren’t running into this issue.

I’m still having the same problem in UE5 but I can’t see “animation mode” track when I attempt to add track in the sequencer.

Hey @badzlubadzlu

When in the sequencer, click the + sign next to the metahuman body, Or Head.
Then when the pop up window appears simply type animation mode it will filter it out for you. Add it and change the value. This didnt work for me :slight_smile: but just letting you know where it is.
Screenshot 2022-06-17 151846
Hope it helps

Omg, that worked perfectly, thank you!

In 2022 we still have this problem. Took me 5 hours looking for the solution. :slight_smile:

2023 here, I still have this problem :sweat_smile: Took me 2 hours for this solution