No AndroidManifest.xml found. What can i do?

I have a problem packing my game. Every time I get the message ERROR: dump failed because no AndroidManifest.xml found. I can not find a solution… Does anyone know how to solve this?

Btw. I package an Android game

Delete folder “Intermediate” from your project folder.

1 Like

I have the same Error. If I delete Intermediate it works but the next time I build the same error occured. So that is no solution.

I’ve encountered the same problem. @sandermann is correct - deleting the Intermediate folder works, but the error occurs on the next build. Have you guys found a solution to this? I don’t want to be forced to delete the Intermediate folder after each build.

I figure, that this is happening because the file is named “-arm64_AndroidManifest.xml” instead of just “AndroidManifest.xml”, but I wasn’t able to find the part of code responsible for the name in the engine source.

1 Like

you can edit the “Engine\Build\Android\Java\gradle\app\build.gradle”, to delete the full apk

if (task.name == 'packageDebug') {
		tasks.create(name:'ueDeleteOldPackageDebug') {
			doLast {
				delete('build/outputs/apk')
				//delete('build/outputs/apk/app-debug.apk')
				//delete('build/outputs/apk/debug/output.json')
			}
		}

task.dependsOn('ueDeleteOldPackageDebug')
	}
	if (task.name == 'packageRelease') {
		tasks.create(name:'ueDeleteOldPackageRelease') {
			doLast {
				delete('build/outputs/apk')
				//delete('build/outputs/apk/app-release.apk')
				//delete('build/outputs/apk/release/output.json')
			}
		}

task.dependsOn('ueDeleteOldPackageRelease')
	}

I was looking how to solve this same problem and I got in here so late, but if you have not found out how to solve this, I deleted these folders, in that way you won’t have to delete ‘‘Intermediate’’ everytime you will package your project. Hope it works for you.