Ninja Character - Dynamic gravity for characters & objects

Nice plugin! I’m tried to use it in mp with moving platforms, it works! But if one player bumps into another something strange happens. Any idea how can i fix it?

How is your Character reacting to player controls? It looks like player inputs aren’t applied in the correct directions, make sure the Character Blueprint graph is calculating the proper directions.

You also have the cheat “p.ShowControlRotation 1” that helps in this matter; after enabling it, walk on planet, use Pause key, use F8, and inspect the drawn axes (red is forward, blue is up).

I may be wrong, but it looks like both Characters want to ‘attach to’/‘walk on’ each other, from Client 2 perspective. Are you using unwalkable hits?

How did you create the replicated rotating platform?

The “unwalkable hits” is unchecked. The platform is just a cube with Interpto and rotating movement components.

I replicated your problem with the “smooth component location and rotation node”, I simply didn’t think someone would use it the way you want… in short, I have to fix/improve it.
I also couldn’t find a solution with other blueprint nodes, sorry.

1 Like

I’m afraid I ignore how to add a replicated rotating platform that is properly synced in all machines, with the tools Epic gave us. Any tutorial?

No idea. But if the movement of the platform is predefined and deterministic maybe that can work? It will be at the same place at the same time on server and clients. I’m very new to unreal multiplayer programming, is there some common clock between server and client?

Yes, I know, I’m asking because I don’t copy and redistribute your plugin. I will distribute only my own assets, and there will be link for Ninja plugin in my docs, but not Ninja source code. Is that acceptable?

Hi Xaklse,

■■■■! feel like i fell on my face just before the finish line. it genuinely works so well now. the wallrunning looks great (up until the bit where it stops working ofc) Good to know its not anything i did - but actually not at all good to know theres nothing i can do to fix it.

Which brings me to the important q: Are you planning to fix it? (fervent hope this is what youre implying) And if so, do you have an idea of when you can find the time to? + whats the best way to get updates on a fix? You only make improvements for versions of the plugin for the latest engine version right? Both 5 and 4? (im still on 4.26 so ill look into making the leap…)

Thanks anyway for all the replies full of tips. I think this is an amazing plugin that does something that nothing else does. i really (really!) hope to put it in the game as envisioned.

I doubt there is a common clock, I could be wrong.

I was asking about a tutorial because any moving platform I place in a map and test it in multiplayer mode is extremely buggy, very dissimilar to your video example.

Ninja Character code plugin is an Unreal Marketplace product. As such, you should carefully read the rules that apply when you purchase a Marketplace product.

As far as I know, putting a link to the Marketplace product in your docs is fine.

1 Like

Yup, the plan is to improve it, but for UE5.1 or 5.2.

Free time is limited, but I’ll try to release something sooner than later.

ah thats too bad. wasnt planning on upgrading to 5

1 Like

Does anyone have a good solution for smoothing the control rotation alignments? I know it’s been asked hundreds of times on here already, but I saw err0rs video on how smoothly he got it. I understand how to get it smooth for point gravity, but normal base alignment would be awesome to get working smoothly.

1 Like

It’s just not really that usable as a primary game feature with its current jittery movement.

1 Like

hello, where in the plugin c++ code is the camera smoothing and stuff like that handled? Maybe I can do something to smooth it? Or is this handled in the blueprints?

How to make animations work with NinjaCharacter plugin?
Same question: How can I add new animaton to NInjaCharacterPlugin?

There is no camera smoothing code. Code detects then the capsule axis changes and alters ControlRotation. See ANinjaCharacter::CharMovementAxisChanged for more info, blueprints can attach to that event.

Is this what you’re looking for?

If so, use the NinjaPlayerCharacterAlt_BP asset as an example, which uses a modified AnimBP (HeroTPP_AnimBP).

Check previous post.