Niagara with cached geometry collections

I’m not sure if this is a bug or I’m simply not doing it correctly but I can’t seem to get Niagara particles to spawn from cached geometry collections via sequencer. I’ve enabled record breaking data and generate breaking data during playback. It works fine when the simulation is run real time. It also works correctly when I run it as kinematic with play enabled directly from the actor. But when I use a level sequence to play the cache the particles don’t spawn. If I encapsulate the geometry collection in a blueprint and delay spawn it, it also doesn’t work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

have you tryed to put even the niagara in the sequencer? Can I ask you how did you cached the geometry from chaos? I can’t get it to work… Follow user documentation but don’t record anything

Hi, I’m just wondering if you have found a way to do this as there does not seem to be a lot of information about it on the internet. thanks forward,

This is a known issue currently after talking with internal folks. I have not tested it on the latest build from github but I do know a number of other issues have been fixed. Hopefully this one makes it into 5.1