Niagara UI Renderer | Free Plugin for UE4/UE5

Hello! I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore this plugin, it’s exactly what I was looking for! One quick question: I’m on a small team that’s developing a game for both Windows and Mac. Everyone on the team using Windows computers has had no issue with getting the plugin working and downloaded from the Marketplace. However, one of our sole engineers that’s working on Mac has not been able to get it up and running. We’re using UE5.2 for the engine and the game itself uses C++ and Blueprints (but more so blueprints, if that matters). Anyway, do you have any idea what might be the case? The engine seems to claim that it can’t locate the plugin at all…

1 Like

Hi,

this plugin officially only supports Windows and Android platforms, since they’re the only ones that I can test and verify that everything works. You can make it run on other platforms too (like Mac), but you have to compile the plugin yourself. I’ve heard from many users that it works just fine.

In order to compile the plugin, you need to download the source code from GitHub, and copy the plugin into your project. After that edit the “NiagaraUIRenderer.uplugin” file. Add your desired platforms into the “SupportedTargetPlatforms” and “PlatformAllowList” arrays, and recompile the project (for Mac / iOS from xcode).

If your project is blueprint only you need to do this compilation in a second C++ project.

(Optional if your project includes C++, required if it’s Blueprint only)
After you have the project running (on Mac), go into the plugins window, click “Package” under the Niagara UI Renderer plugin, and select a target empty folder. This will compile all the versions of the plugin, and will create a plugin folder that you can use in your project. This will eliminate the need for everyone to download the plugin separately and will work on all the platforms.

Hopefully this helps.
Cheers!

I am on Mac for this particular project, so this answers my issue from above, thank you! I will verify if it works and let you know.

I’m glad to see this reply from you at this time, before this I’ve successfully installed the project to my Mac computer in the same way as you mentioned, cheers!