Niagara particles spawning from enemy don't face player when enemy moving

Hello guys!
I want niagara particles spawned from an enemy to always face player. I keep niagara system node in enemy’s blueprint, so I’m using these nodes to detect player’s rotation. It works when enemy standing still, but doesn’t work when the enemy moving. Any ideas?

You can use “spawn system at location ” instead,which allows you to set world location and rotation.

1 Like

Thanks for advice! However, I’m afraid that this solution won’t work well with fast moving enemies, as you’ll be able to clearly see particles still emitting from one place while enemy is in another.

To avoid this problem, I could probably track the enemy’s location and update the emitter’s location accordingly. However, this approach doesn’t seem like the most elegant solution for me. What do you think?

1 Like

i agree with you.if it’s not a burst effect,spawn at location might not be a good idea.you still can set its world rotation after adding the component.

however,im not sure why you want to add new components on runtime.i personally like to add niagara component manually and active it while needed.

1 Like

Ha! Manual attachment do it — it works. Thank you!

1 Like