Niagara Module Script WindForce Module Input PhsyicsField Type Invalid

Use Engine Version 5.1.0
Niagara Module Script WindForce Version 2.0
Parameters - MuduleInput - PhsyicsField
Type Invalid

I have this error no 5.2 also, sent bugreport but no response. opening windoforce uasset even crashes the editor.

1 Like

Can confirm the same error on 5.2 on both Linux and Windows

1 Like

Same in 5.3. Anyone know how to fix this?

So I don’t quite have a solution but I found a way to work around it in 5.3.2 (and potentially 5.2) if you don’t need need the Use Physics Field set to true. The problem appears to be directly in the WindForce Niagara Module Script in the engine, Engine/Plugins/FX/Niagara/Content/Modules/Update/Forces/WindForce.uasset. To be safe I created a new Niagara Module Script in my game’s content folder. I pasted the entirety of wind force script into this new script module and the trouble area appears to be all the way to the left under the Sample DIs section.

By updating the type of the Physics Field Variable to just an int32 I was able to get the invalid type error to go away.

The downside is that if you enable the physics field on the new Niagara Module Script issues will come back. I’m guessing that’s because the actual type the eval physics field node needs, the one it can’t find in the new engine versions, is not an integer. But this at least worked enough for me to get my Niagara systems compiling again. Hope this helps!

1 Like