Niagara Liquid simulation - mesh distance field compile error

I enabled the Niagara fluid plugin and create Niagara systems using the Grid_3D_Flip_Hose and Grid_3D_Flip_Pool. When I drag the Niagara system into the editor it works fine in the viewport. But when I open the Niagara editor, the compile errors show up and it no longer works in the editor.
Screenshot (208)

The issue is said to be the mesh distance fields, but it is enabled in the project settings.

Tried restarting the editor also. I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 1660.
I tested this with the The Grid_3D_Flip_Splash and a few gas simulations, and it worked fine.

Same issue here, distance field enabled but I still get this compiler error. Have you found a way to fix it?

Not yet. I stopped trying to find an answer to this. I started using the fluid flux system for now.

I think I found the solution. Instead of doing the normal compile in the Niagara particle, use the full rebuild. “Full rebuild” appears when you press the 3 dots next to the compile button. It worked for me for now.

4 Likes

OH. MY FRICKIN’ GODDESS. Thank you. I feel sorry for the one who forked out $400.00 for the lack of this knowledge. Complexity, I know, but this smacks of a usability issue that could use some love.