Niagara FX System rain creation

Hi,
I am making rain effect through Niagara FX System. But not able to change the color of raindrops. So, Is it possible to change the color of raindrops or make them desaturate? because now it is popping up in my scene very hard. I want to make it very subtle. Please share your thoughts regarding this.

Hi Sudiptman,

It is absolutely possible to change the color and material of your Niagra FX,

Please share an image of the material graph of the material your particle/sprite/mesh is currently using so we can better assist you on ways to implement your desired result.

If you can’t share, some tips:

-In Niagara Sprite Renderer, you can change the color and alpha of your particle
-If you duplicate and modify or edit the default sprite material you will have more options for translucency/refraction/etc. within the material graph itself.

Here’s a pretty basic material I’ve used for rain/showers/water particles in the past:

Another tip is in the Emitter>Particle Spawn>Initialize Particle>Sprite Attributes>Sprite Size you can scale the sprite in the Y dimension to make it look more “linear” as a rain drop.

Hi Mvollrath,

Thank you for the reply. It is definitely helpful. But I am follwing this tuto- Unreal Engine Rain Particle with Splashes using Niagara FX System 🌧 - YouTube . Can you please see the 3:1 time in the video? Is it possible to solve the problem in this way? Again thank you so much.

Hi Sudiptaman,

Under the Sprite Renderer stack of your emitter, make sure you have alignment set to Velocity Aligned.

In regards to changing the color and making the effect more subtle, try this:

Under Initialize Particle, you can set the Color and Alpha (A).
Color is self explanatory, Alpha will control the opacity of the rain drop. A value of 1.0 is completely visible, a value of 0.0 is completely invisible. Try a value of .5 or .75 to see if it helps visually make the effect more subtle.

Is this what you were looking for? If not, can you rephrase your question with more detail?

Thank you!

Hi Mvollrath,

It is very helpful. My problem got solved now. Thank you

Glad to hear that Sudiptaman! You’re welcome!

Related effect: