Niagara + audio component resulting in crash (5.2)

I have a BP containing two Niagara systems (an orb and a vortex), and I’ve placed it in the world. I want the systems to respond to sound, and so for any changes to take place, I had to create a Niagara script module, but the engine crashes every time I hit start.

The problem persists until I delete the script module from the content browser (removing it only from the particle update list will still result in a crash). I deleted the script module, and recreated the patch via scratch module in the Particle Update section, and now I’m stuck in a loop where I cannot prevent the crash, even if I delete the scratch module.

Removing the culprit actor from the world yields the same results, unless I save the project. With or without adding audio to trigger the patch, the engine will still crash.

Note: the niagara systems work as intended until I create the script module (script model procedure was shown in tutorials; cross/double-checked for mistakes).

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

UnrealEditor_Niagara
UnrealEditor_Niagara
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Deduction reveals that the part of the module causing the crash is the link between the sum vector and the velocity input on the penultimate node.

What do I do now? The only time it doesn’t crash is if I route the velocity vector directly into the velocity input, without making any changes to it. For example, as soon as I add a +1 on the Z-axis, the module will cause the engine to crash on play.