[Newcomers Readme!] How To Install UE4 From The Launcher

my launcher is not connecting to the net…help!

Which error message do you get? + post your problem on answerhub: https://answers.unrealengine/

From 2 days its stuck hare tel me whats the problem is there any other way to download unreal Engine from there becuse its wast lot of my time.

Thanks

I’m stuck here as well. The UE won’t download but The unreal tournament and unreal editor were succesfully downloaded.

Looks like I’m not able to open 5222 !
Or maybe it’s already opened but in use, so when I click on “install” nothing happen.
Any advice :confused:

From 2 days its stuck hare tel me whats the problem is there any other way to download unreal Engine from there becuse its wast lot of my time.
[/QUOTE]

Make sure to take a look at this thread: Probably some of the suggestions will solve the problem, otherwise bump the answerhub thread :slight_smile:

OK, I was having issues with this so I figured I’d post. I got it working finally.

What I did first:
I dl’ed unreal by clicking the Download button. (there are windows/mac underneath) (so I’m not sure if I had the windows installer, pretty sure I did anyway but…)
I installed into a custom path (another HD, not C:)
In my library I had Unreal Engine 4.8. Click install and got the please wait hang forever (an hour?)
Rebooted. Same thing.

Uninstalled.

Downloaded from the WINDOWS button BELOW the Download button.
Installed to C: drive (default location, didn’t change path)
Started the browser (or whatever it’s called)
In Library it now says I have 4.8.3 (??? changed overnight?)
Hit install and it started.

So maybe a quick uninstall>install is the best fix. I did turn off firewall before the uninstall, but I never had warnings before and Unreal was checked to be allowed past firewall anyway.

But I spent an hour plus trying to get the first install to work, and only 10 minutes uninstalling and reinstalling which made it work. It’s still installing the engine but it seems like it’s gonna be fine.

hi i had trouble installing the Unreal Engine i get error message Install failed

"Could not download installation information. please try again later.Code:5

Hi everyone
i have some problem with unreal engine launcher , i think maybe this is connection problem , But i have fast internet connection .
Windows 8.1 , update is ok - DirectX 11 is ok
please see screenshots and launcher logs and guide me .

launcher logs
://www.megafileupload/9qYb/Launcher_logs.zip

After clicking the blue button to (get unreal engine) I get a failed to install message it mentions I do not have the required prerequisites and gives an error code, I still get the epic games launcher in my start bar.
should I Ignore the error message and go ahead to the launcher and follow above instructions?

Thanks

What error code are you getting?

Try this u download the engine without the launcher it worked for me https://wiki.unrealengine/Unreal_Engine_4_-_Academic_Installation

thanks , stay blessed

Why is this so useless.