Newbie Triggerbox problem

Hi everybody.

This is my first post, and I have only been using Unreal4 for the last nine days (so please, go easy!).

I am using the Sidescroller Template, and I have successfully made some Enemy sprites (duplicated from the player character), that chase me when I enter their triggerbox’s.

If the Enemy get too close to my character (within their triggerbox), then I lose 25% health.

I have also found how to make my character fire a projectile (a sphere, a box, and a rectangle thing, depending which one is collected).

My PROBLEM is, when I shoot a projectile and destroy an an enemy, the projectile also registers within their triggerbox as me taking damage. Hence, I still lose 25% health when I am no where near the enemy, only the projectile is.

I’m sure there is a simple solution, but I’m stumped! Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

Go into the properties of the trigger - go to collision and set it to custom - set everything to ingnore except of the pawn :slight_smile:

Thank you very much !!! True lifesaver!!!

Been scratching my head over this for hours (Sunday dinner delayed!). I even ended up with a zillion triggerboxes here, there and everywhere, trying to get them to communicate.

Thanks again.