Newbie Map Making Troubleshoot

Hey guys. I’m trying to build my first map for a mod i’d like to make and am having some trouble testing it. I made a simple map and did some basic sculpting and wanted to test it in Ark. I saved/cooked/uploaded it but when I load it up in single player all I see is white in every direction. I can punch but my character doesnt seem able to run or move in any direction.

I have watched a bunch of tutorials and thought I had set everything up correctly.

Is there some basic mistake I may have made?

Is there a nice comprehensive guide to map making in Ark?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the very newbie questions.

When you say that you, “see white in every direction” do you mean as in fog? Do you have a day cycle in your map?
It could be your player starts are not registering correctly.

You could also try setting your landscape collision to “Ground Terrain”. Sometimes it will slide your character off of the terrain and into the sky if it’s set to anything else.

Did you copy an existing map to use as your map’s starting point? In a file explorer, I would copy all the files from “The Island” into a new folder, and then just delete the parts that you do not need in your map.

A “comprehensive” guide would have to cover so many things that it would not be worth the time to make, but did you search YouTube for Brik Whut?