Newbie lost in the woods, what is possible?

He there i want to create a game, for a hobby at first, but end game is to be able to play it with my friends, im wondering is it possible and where would i learn about my questions below:
game outline:

Basically its a game that you can roam a hexagon map in a god style view, move a unit to a hexagon where there is a enemy and attack, your get a loading screen then able to control your units in capturing/destroying the enemy, in your home land your need to upgrade units and buildings in order to get more powerful.

my question is am i able to do all that within the UE4? and if so would anyone have any good tutorials that could point me in the right direction, like i said before this is a hobby i want to start so im happy to learn all i can :smiley:

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Sure possible.
Here, do them all.

:slight_smile:

thank you for the info, UE4 is now downloading while i watch the videos :smiley:

you will be watching alot of youtube UE4 tutorials…
me, i got annoyed by youtube ads, so i just downloaded them all, now, folder size of all tutorials i gathered = 120GB
it had to be 720p no less, cause itll make the text blurry…

watched it all, and still, i have not learned a lot…
watching is not enough, you have to experiment, play with what you have learned…
try to do something made by you…

also, you will have to document your plans for your game… step by step…
from interface, to control, to items, names, flow control, events, etc…
so many stuff…

you can do it… just don’t give up… :smiley:

Make Backups often!

+1

Why not just download ad block to prevent the ads from showing?

Also the best practice is to find a tutorial, watch it and replicate it, then expand on it with different uses and ways to do it. Practice makes perfect.

Once you have the basic understanding, you could also download and try out the templates provided by Epic. They are incredibly useful, you can see how they achieved certain things. You can download these for free from the “Learn” tab of your Epic Games Launcher.