New VS 2022 update breaks engine

I had a VS update and now I can no longer compile in unreal, even if it is a blank project. with the error of the base game mode .gen .cpp and .json version 1.2 not supported.

Here is a solution I found that works:
Compile errors with .json files? - Unreal Courses / Ask - GameDev.tv

I have already tried that and when I attempt to rebuild VS studio it Fails. That is not a solution it is a work around. I should open unreal, open VS studio and it works. if it doesn’t that is a bug. At this point I’m over it and I’m not going to use 2022 anymore after this I have learned never update I will never update from VS 2019 again

The solution does work.
I see why it happens: with a new VS update a new toolchain is installed. UBT will use the latest toolchain unless it is specified which toolchain to use. So, with a new toolchain generated files do not match by version (for whatever reason Epic hardcoded it, probably to guarantee integrity). But you install previous toolchain back and explicitly tell UBT to use it in its config file. A permanent solution will be for Epic to add a check for a new toolchain in UBT tool. I bet it will come out in the next UE5 update.

Hi @shotty46290 ,
There is a thread which provides two answers.

So my post was to get to pull the patch into your current source repository.

Unhandled exception when building blank project: Version (“1.2”) is not supported version VS2022