New version doesn't pay attention to window size

When using 4.10, all you need to do is go to the advanced play preferences to change the window size for stand alone games. This method works perfectly. The same method works for the mobile preview.

When using 4.11, you can set the stand alone window size in preferences, but it seems to be ignored. It consistently chooses the same size window (which is not what is chosen). Mobile preview fails in the same manner.

This happens with a fresh project and old porojects. This also happens wih the Unreal Match 3 demo.

Hi lp16,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue in UE4.11.1 following these steps:

1. Open a blank blueprint project in UE4.11.1
  2. In Menu, make sure Play> New Editor Window (PIE) is selected
  3. In Dropdown menu, scroll to bottom and select “Advanced Settings”
  4. (Alternatively, open Editor Preferences>Level Editor>Play)
  5. In Play in New Window>New Window Size; Adjust Window Width and Window Height to a 960 x 640
  6. In Editor press “play” to start PIE in New Editor Window
  7. RESULT: New Editor Window is 960 x 640 pixels
  8. Stop and change settings in step “5” above to 1680 x 1050
  9. In Editor press “play” to start PIE in New Editor Window
  10. RESULT: New Editor Window is 1680 x 1050 pixels
  11. Repeat all steps above, changing “New Editor Window” to “Stand Alone Game” in the menu and change settings accordingly in the following location: Editor Preferences>Level Editor>Play>Play in Standalone Game
  12. RESULT: New Standalone Game window changes according to what is set in the Editor Preferences.

If I am not reproducing the issue the same way you are, please point out and list any differences between how you are reproducing this on your system.

Thanks,

The big change that I am doing is the window sizes – I click on common window sizes and choose Apple 6 portrait. The PIE works, the standalone is the wrong size.

Hi lp16,

Thanks for the clarification… I was able to reproduce this in the Standalone Game and Mobile Preview PIE modes while trying to adjust sizes to the iPhone 6 (or 6+) Portrait preset(s) in the Common Window Sizes drop down menu and have entered the following bug report: JIRA [UE-29366]. When this issue has been resolved, we will notify you with an update to this post.

NOTE: I was only able to reproduce this for iPhone 6 or 6+ Portrait Mode (Landscape is working as expected.)

FYI: I also had it happen with IPhone 5 Portrait mode.