[ New UMG Widget ] Color Picker UMG Widget, The Same Color Picker You Know and Love!

No Seriously Your stuff is great. i appreciate the unreal community everyone seems to be really helpful for newer people

Hi really nice work, when do you plan to upgrade to 4.10 or directly to 4.11 ?
Can you expose the differente part of the widget to select what we want to see ? like if i juste whant the color wheel or etc ? any idea ?
Thx Again nice work

Hey ,

Great stuff.

Any idea on when an update for 4.10 might be out?

Thanks!

Hey
Great job! are you planning to update it for 4.10 as well??

UMG Color Picker Upgraded to 4.11! :heart:

Dear Community,

I’ve now upgraded my color picker to 4.11!

Please note I never did do a 4.10 update.

I presume ye all are gonna get 4.11 cause it Rocks :slight_smile:

Download Link! (17 mb)

Please note that I also supply you with these packaged binaries:

Development Win64
Shipping Win32

:heart:

[QUOTE=Sillo;505253]
Hey 
Great job! are you planning to update it for  4.10 as well??
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=EternalSilence;467000]
Hi really nice work, when do you plan to upgrade to 4.10 or directly to 4.11 ? 
Can you expose the differente part of the widget to select what we want to see ? like if i juste whant the color wheel or etc ? any idea ? 
Thx Again nice work
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=vishaluae;483554]
Hey ,

Great stuff.

Any idea on when an update for 4.10 might be out?

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

**[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the forums Silo and Eternal Silence!**

Thanks a lot

hay, iam new in unreal… btw how to sue this plugin? many thanks…

Good man! This plugin is useful to change object color , but how can i change the color of wall easily …

You’re welcome!

:slight_smile:

Hi I Trying Build this plugIn in 4.12.2 and receive this messages…

‘UWidget::GetEditorIcon’: GetEditorIcon is deprecated. Please define widget icons in your style set in the form ClassIcon.MyWidget, and register your style through FClassIconFinder::(Un)RegisterIconSource Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.

Hi , could you please compile it for 4.12?

Thank you,
Luigi

@ Im trying to pick a color from a texture or rather take the general color of an image and convert that to a simple color value. I know it’s not exactly related but i was hoping you might be able to help as i’ve searched and found this. Im trying to create a ambient lighting effect based off a material similar to those tv’s you can buy.

Any idea the best way to go about this?

Hey guys, you all don’t have to wait for to compile the plugin for you, in fact you can do it on your own!

Do the following steps:

1. Open up your project in the UE4 Editor and select “New C++ Class” from the File tab.
  2. Select “Player Controller” and press Next, create a name for your class and press Create Class. This will trick UE4 into thinking that your project is a code project and create the binaries for you.
  3. Create a “Plugins” folder in the same directory as your “Content” folder in your project. Unzip 's plugin to the “Plugins” folder.
  4. , in the VS that has been opened for you after creating your new Player Controller class, go to the Build tab and build your project. Make sure that you have VS2015 in your system, else you can’t compile it for your own project.

Should work regardless of the version that you used. Essentially the main code in the plugin hasn’t changed, so its just a matter of recompiling the binaries.

Worked like a charm for me. Also, cheers to for this plugin :wink:

thanks a lot cm_o. I am newbie in UE. it took me half of a day to search for Color Picker for UE4.12 but I could not see anything. Your instruction is great! It works perfectly.
Thanks as well for your great tool!

4.13 Update Completed!

Dear Community,

I’ve used the official marketplace C++ plugin workflow to update my Color Wheel Plugin to 4.13!

Enjoooy!

Hi , where is this “official marketplace C++ plugin workflow” you’re referring to? I haven’t been able to find any official published information that fits this description.

Hi there welcome to the forums!

I wrote a post on how to use the C++ Marketplace plugin workflow here!

:slight_smile:

4.14!

Will you update it for UE 4.15? Thanks

EDIT:
I builded it for 4.15.1 if someone need it: write me

Is there a way to change the “old” preview color at runtime? I’ve been trying for a while now, looking both at the original Slate widget and 's, but there seem to be no way to do it (the properties that might help me change the old color are marked as “private” in the original SColorPicker class)