NEW(3/22/2024) UE5.5+ feedback: Please Invest In Actual PERFORMANCE Innovations Beyond Frame Smearing For Actual GAMES.

if you’re complaining so much why use Unreal Engine 5 in the first place

There are so many problems with the way you see the point of this thread.

UE5 is has an advantage only acquirable by time and long term support. I already explained why UE has to fixed because it affects several titles, not just mine.

For better or worse. Unreal surpasses any public game engine due to years of documentation, years of optimizations, a huge library of free assets, plugins, and it’s easy to find UE experts to hire(If you are a big budget studio) due to its massive popularity.–Main post

You scream about Nanite, disable it, stop complaining about it

Two things: 1# You clearly didn’t read the main post as it explains Epic is forcing people to use Nanite if developers want to use other features such as VSM’s.

2# They are also lying about Nanite’s performance which again affects OTHER STUDIOS. Meshes start off with high detail, and companies promote Nanite like it’s not “next gen detail” when it’s not: It’s called not optimizing meshes for affordable GPUs+more triangles=more aliasing problems which promote MORE blurry upscaler dependency .

UE5 is built with the future in mind and the big features of it are clearly not meant for 10yo hardware.

I’m not talking about GTX cards/equivalents, when I say affordable, I mean GPUs as in $300-400(which is a lot in this economy) which have released within the last 4 YEARS.

It’s funny (actually hilarious

I’m glad games turning into mush during basic gameplay and only 4090 owners can achieve bearable visual quality in modern games is “actually hilarious” for you.
Not everyone wants mushy games.