New Twitch Stream Dev Series - Tesla Dev

sounds great! Will you upload each stream to your youtube channel so they can be replayed? Twitch only keeps previous streams up for a certain timescale.

i won’t ever miss it, that a one great awesome big news, i want to cry of happiness^^

Hey Tesla, sounds amazing! Please tell me you will be recording these live steams so we can see them on your past broadcast on twitch?
Some additional ideas of what to make that can be interesting:
-Weapon/Inventory systems (attaching to a character, pick-up, drops, reloading, switching weapons, aim-down-sights, etc)
-Character Movement (basic locomotion, climbing, flying, etc)
-Advance Animation Blueprint functionality (having multiple characters run from the same ABP, how to correctly organize that logic)
-Replication
-Getting in/out of a vehicle
-Recording what happened in a game and playing it back later
-Modular systems
-IK (for weapons/feet)

Very Cool! I’ll be watching the stream!

Thanks! I’m actually planning on covering most of these points, quite a few in the session tonight.

I’ll be archiving the broadcast and then uploading to youtube.

Hi Tesla!
Looking forward to watching you new twitch stream! Any idea what time and day you are planning on doing the stream?

Thanks!

I’m streaming today, straight after Unreal Engine!

Watching the stream man, nice one thanks for the share :slight_smile:

Just watched the stream. Three hours of excellent and informative content. Was great fun to watch and even won a key out of it!

Thanks a lot for the learning.

Nice stream, i would like to participate at some point in project.

Outstanding stuff, looking forward to next week.

Thanks Tesla! Always been a huge fan of your tutorials, seen every one of them and still often go back for references =)
When I heard that project would include networking, I almost flipped out of my bed! There are 0 tutorials on setting up networking with BP (things you do before considering duplication and such) so it’s great to have it.

I’m also experimenting a lot with the UMG’s now; although it’s buggy at times, I think it’s great if you could add some elements of that into the game!

Thanks man! That is awesome!

Hey Tesla,

I've been watching all of your content since you first started recording tutorials for Youtube,|(though I was not able to attend your first stream due to work)| and I must say I'm quite impressed and incredibly appreciative of both your drive to teach the community as well as newcomers, and your friendly nature. I'm very happy to see that you're making more progress and  new project you're working on really shows how much you care.

If you need any help with streaming, for example getting notifications for followers to show up or something else, like calculating the best bitrate possible, just let me know.

Hopefully I’ll be able to attend your next stream, and possibly win a subscription key (assuming you have anymore/are doing a giveaway). Best of luck to you.

-Zahvone

Sorry I missed the first stream. I just found out about it morning :frowning:

I’m now following you’re twitch and eagerly awaiting your next stream. As a new game dev I’m always looking for more ways to learn. Do you have a set schedule for the show?

Remember, he uploads the sessions to his channel.

Just saying, I have just seen it and it probably is the best tutorial video I have ever seen. I definitely will check out the stream, but Tesla is so on top of his game it’s surreal. Nice job.

Is there anyway to replace the blue guy’s mesh with something from the mixamo characters or do I have to re do all the animations?

Thanks bigsadface, it was great fun! Happy to hear you got a key out of it!

Thanks! Sure, i would love to have community participation! What would you like to participate with?

Thanks, Me too!

Thanks!, i’m going to be getting a few core mechanics down first then we’ll be covering networking in it’s whole stream. I’m probably going to do it in about 2-3 sessions from now. UMG is going in!

Thanks for the kind words!

Great! Make sure to say hi in the chat! At the moment, i’m planning to do it after the unreal engine stream every thursday.

Thanks!

Yes there is, you can retarget whole animation blueprints if you have your rig setup. is something i will also be covering in future streams.

Caught the two parts on Youtube. Definitely going to continue watching series.

Sadly I’m at work when you’re streaming, so don’t think I’ll be able to catch it live. Definitely extremely informative. I’m following along with it so far, though I’m doing it in C++ instead of blueprints.

I’ve watched the first part video so far, and impressed with how easily you have managed to get to point in such a short time. Some of it is going to be a bit too fast to attempt to replicate, from just the video, but nonetheless I love watching you go about it. Very informative. I will definitely be watching the uploaded videos.

Cheers and thanks,
Max