Download

New series of UE4 guides

Hey guys! Since I retired from StarCraft this week (Tefel - Liquipedia - The StarCraft II Encyclopedia) I have much more time for recording and adding content to my Unreal YouTube channel. I decided to upload one movie every 24h. Here is my recent work from last 6 days (6 movies). I also want to make series about cool plugins and C++. What do You think? Thanks!

d3dbbcc90846a65d344016957b17c0dc16659eaf.jpeg](Unreal Engine 4 Guides - YouTube)

Awesome :smiley:

Thanks. New content everyday at 18:00 CET (11:00 EST) time

Little pickup system from todays guide.

hii guys, i want some tutorials on architectural visualization lighting can someone suggest me. it would be good if someone suggest me, thanks in advance.

hi, maybe I will make tutorial about this who knows. There are many examples on the web. Good Luck

My recent video:

A lot of good stuff in here! Thank you very much.

Nice! I cheered for you on some occasions (when you played against Naniwa, for example^^). That’s a lot of interesting stuff there.

Hey guys. I continue series of guides for UE4:

This time I focused on UWidgets. Please share what do you think about them!

Hi Tefel!

Are you open to other tutorial suggestions?

Two complicated topics that cross over into different departments and might benefit from a high-level overview:

Movement vs Collision:
The different ways of moving objects in the UE4 world with respect to the different types of Collision / Querying etc. For example moving Spaceships / Pawns with Physics enabled but using interpolated-movement not physics. Contrast that with Spaceships / Pawns using Physics Movement as well with regard to Querying Collision etc. See here for example…

Multiplayer overview:

1. Correct some of the myths / misunderstandings… For example Steam vs. Amazon-hosting vs. Gamesparks or similar service etc. Which actually offer server hosted games vs. which are only a platform vs. which offer leaderboards/stats but no hosting etc. 2. Understanding different lobbies and server travel with respect to different hosting models PvP vs. Server Authority etc with regards to A. stability, B. latency. C. dealing with cheats (Example PUBG). 3. Physics and Rewind. Understanding which multiplayer games need this extra step beyond vanilla replication and so understanding if its going to be a huge challenge to achieve (Example Watchdogs-2 4-player peer-to-peer multiplayer etc).

Of course I am opened for the future tutorial suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions. You are right that there is a lot of space to cover with some knowledge base videos.
I will take it into consideration when recording new tutorial these two Collisions/Movement and Multiplayer.

My idea was to run 2 different series - tutorials (long) and guides (around few minutes long):
there are some very nice tutorials in my opinion to check.

For example:

[quote=“Tefel, post:15, topic:62596”]

Of course I am opened for the future tutorial suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions. You are right that there is a lot of space to cover with some knowledge base videos. I will take it into consideration when recording new tutorial these two Collisions/Movement and Multiplayer.

My idea was to run 2 different series - tutorials (long) and guides (around few minutes long):
there are some very nice tutorials in my opinion to check.

For example:UE4 Tutorial #8 - Character (3) Physics & interactions, collisions - YouTube

Really nice tutorial Tefel! Like the faster pacing too, there’s definitely a place for this quicker presentation style!

Questions:
Ultimately, what causes the greater punch impact on the cubes, the new Montage-Curve, or the new larger Fist?
If you add features to make the player Sprint & Punch, will it have a cumulative affect on the velocity of the cube?
How does the Pawn’s Movement Component work, is it Interpolation, Simulated-Physics or a Hybrid of the two?

You’re definitely the right person to make the tutorials I suggested. If you choose to, you could just use that level…
Take Cubes, add Physics-Simulation and collide them using Add Force / Impulse, Add Physics Linear Velocity.
Then collide Cubes again but use Interp: SetActorLocation, AddActorWorldOffset (still using Physics Simulation).
Lastly collide all the Cubes again using SetActorLocation, AddActorWorldOffset, but without Physics Simulation!

Larger fist makes collision size much bigger. It is also resizing by curve so you can imagine how bigger sphere collision interacts with these 3 interactable elements.

Thank you for your suggestion!