New sample projects: Lyra Starter Game and City Sample

Paragon (game) character meshes, there are 25 heros with tons of variations you can download at Epic Games marketplace.
UE5 - Modding Lyra Demo Project with Paragon skins (4k) - YouTube

Paragon - YouTube

$17,000,000 of Paragon content for FREE - Unreal Engine

Content Search - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

When my UE5 install updated itself from preview to release, something didn’t work out quite right too. causing similar issues. If you delete the install and then reinstall it from scratch from the launcher, you may no longer have that issue afterwards.

1 Like

Exactly. Just discovered the same.

I have to say this hopefully gets to the right person Lyra states that you are using best practices and for people to learn from there is a huge problem with the gameplay shooting through and around corners. Stand behind and object shoot around it on the right to see. For anyone else this is not a best practice :slight_smile: I am sure just a simple miscalculation.

Question- am familar with the older ShooterGame sample BUT cannot find an easy way to disable bots in the Elimination mode /Expanse map. Is this exposed in a config file somewhere? Thx!

Yes, there are two ways of doing that: Editor Preferences and Host Game Menu.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

It looks to me that this only overrides it in -editor or in-game; the editor one doesn’t get saved either.

Do anyone know how to override it on a dedicated server via command line or an .ini setting? Thx!

Do you mean saving that option as default? I tested it in a packaged game and disabling bots in the experience selection UI will work, but it’s not getting saved.

Yes. I just couldn’t find anything similar to ShooterGame which had a config.ini with the num of bots value.

I’ll see what I can find and post here.

My Epic Launcher is telling me Lyra and City Sample had new update but can’t find any release notes on what have been changed.

Someone have an idea of what it was ?

thx

I’m seeking a process to Merge LYRA & City Sample together with all features of both enabled. I have attempted to do this on my own, expecting the two Amazing projects to be compatible and play nice together simply by merging assets.

But, I quickly discovered its not that simple. I get consistent crashes when loading up and launching the Big_City_LVL.umap & Small_City_LVL.umap :frowning: . However, LYRA Levels launch with no problems, so there is progress.

These instructions have been useful to a degree but require the removal of all the Mass AI/Crowd/Vehicles features, which are counter to my intention of a Open World Superbeing-vs-Humans (1-vs-N).

Can some Experts on these Projects advise how to achieve a merger? A Video Tutorial perhaps? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated in advance. Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

It is an interesting topic. Have you ever tried to contact this dev?

3 Likes

Hi @L.F.A. I appreciate your input. I believe these instructions provide that functionality, but require the removal of all the Mass AI/Crowd/Vehicles features, which are counter to my intention of a Open World Superbeing-vs-Humans (1-vs-N). I’m hoping Epic or other Gurus can weigh in on this subject.

1 Like

No problem, I’ll see if I find something helpful and update here. Good luck in your projects.

2 Likes