New release brings Mesh to MetaHuman and more

Today, we’re excited to share a new release for MetaHuman. While still in Early Access, this release brings not only new features for MetaHuman Creator—our cloud-based app that empowers anyone to create photorealistic digital humans, complete with hair and clothing—but also an exciting new Mesh to MetaHuman feature in Unreal Engine, as well as support for the new character rigging, animation, and physics features in UE5.

Mesh to MetaHuman

The first major feature of the new MetaHuman Plugin for Unreal Engine, Mesh to MetaHuman, enables you to take your own custom facial mesh and convert it into a MetaHuman, fully rigged and ready to animate. You can even further refine your character in MetaHuman Creator.

Download the MetaHuman Plugin for Unreal Engine, and check out the tutorial to find out more about how it works.

Explore the complete details in the release notes :arrow_right: : MetaHuman 1.0.0 Early Access Released!

12 Likes

This is just mind-blowing! I tried a head scan and it gave incredible results. I’m genuinely blown away. Applause to the whole Epic team!

5 Likes

It looks like technology from 2032! Well done!

3 Likes

It’s insane, now the doors of the possibilities are expanded!! The result is very very incredible!

2 Likes

Instant cloud based retopo, and skinning :heart_eyes:. Well done Devs!!! Thanks for these amazing new features!!!
I would love to see “MetaStylizedHuman” , at some point :nerd_face:.

Looks pretty amazing! Congrats!
I read somewhere that you can’t export this new metahuman to maya, just like the old ones? Is that true?

Thank you, dev Team. Works perfectly. I converted a few Paragon Heroes and DAZ3D characters, and I am very satisfied with initial results.

1 Like

But, Amanda, you should fix the web app before announcing it.

Your access to MetaHuman Creator is confirmed. Stand by while we redirect you.

endless loop is way too spread.

yep, why new features when the app doesn’t even load for the majority of users?

I am blown away. This is future tech. Kudos.

I tried to install UE5 but I don t have 100GB of space. Excuse me but we are not in 2030 :slight_smile: I don t need android developer tools, IOS tools, etc.
The engine is to big. I have head meshes that i have created with photogrammetry, but I can not test in MHC, since it works only with UE5.

It would be nice if there is a web-browser option to import the mesh and covert it to metahuman project (.fbx file). Then if you want to export it, pay for it.

The web-browser metahuman is great, but you can create only the blends from the existing, or sculp. You can not export the metahuman.

I would be able to take meta humans more seriously if they didn’t lump female in with male and have the same skin (stubble} for each. I could be a good product if you would just polish it a little more.

1 Like

I’ll answer myself…
Yeah, you can keep exporting it like before.

The only difference I noticed is if you load the new metahuman inside the Metahuman Sample project, you get a warning that pose assets and anim bps will become broken.

Su acceso a MetaHuman Creator está confirmado. Espera mientras te redirigimos.
esta en bucle y no consigo entrar en el programa .
yo tengo este problema, como lo puedo solucionar.
gracias

Dear All,

This technology looks great and offers lots of creative opportunity. However, could you let us know when Mesh to MetaHuman plugin will be available for the Mac?

Thanks
Bryn

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new release bringing Mesh to MetaHuman and more! This is a significant milestone that showcases your dedication to innovation and enhancing the user experience. The addition of Mesh to MetaHuman opens up a world of creative possibilities and further establishes your platform as a leader in the industry. Thank you for continuously pushing the boundaries and providing us with cutting-edge tools to bring our ideas to life. Looking forward to exploring all the exciting features!