New People - Learn Unreal Together?

Hello, my name is George and I am looking to learn this engine. I grew up using RPG Maker, then onto GameMaker. Both engines I made a few actual games with 4 going on Steam. I am now 21, and feel like I really should just learn how to use Unreal Engine because it is probably the best engine and with my skills, design knowledge, and follow-through if I were to use the best, I’d make the best (why not).

This engine is really daunting to me, so I am looking for some other people (knowledgeable or not) to come learn unreal with me. What that would entail is we are all constantly working together to make something something so we can learn the skills needed to make other games in the future. I already know how to go through the dev cycle and could lead us to a proper mvp/finished game but I would like to work with other people because working in a motivated hungry group is better than trying and failing with no support.

I use discord, you do need a microphone or at least the ability to be in a call because being in calls and learning that way is way more engaging.

For more information please dm/add me on discord. To just say hi leave a comment below :slight_smile:
@gigastructure is my discord username! (Do not add me if you don’t like to follow-through, that’s a waste of time)

Also, just for formality reasons and to mention it in-case of a forum rule I am not aware of: This is not a paid position, it is an opportunity for a bunch of people to learn a great engine.

1 Like

Unreal really pushed the boundaries of game development and I’m glad to have lived in its most accessible state. I wish to complete my courses and one day become a part of the art I love. LOL HOPING TO SURVIVE MY THESIS FIRST :rofl:

I’m interested in learning. Want to do the Unreal Game Jam? It starts in a couple days.

Same!!!