New PC for Unreal Engine 4

Hey guys,

I want to build a new PC to use it especialy for UE4 (or higher in the future) because my Laptop has not enough power.
Since a few days I’m surfing around the internet and different forums to get the best for the lowest price.

A nice guy in a german forum helped me to find out what would probalbly be the best requirements.
That’s what he proposed me:

1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
1 x Crucial MX100 256GB
1 x DeLOCK SATA 6Gb/s Kabel gelb 0.5m
1 x Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3
1 x Crucial Ballistix Sport DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR3-1600, CL9-9-9-24
1 x Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
1 x LG Electronics GH24NSC0
1 x EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO
1 x Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 schwarz, schallgedämmt
1 x be quiet! Straight Power 10-CM 500W

The big question is what graphic card do I need?
My aim is not really to play games, it’s more to construct buildings or a palace and to work through it.
I want to work with good quality (not the best) for the lowest price.

What kind of graphic card can you recommend?

I have this one in mind but I thinks it’s way to good: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC [New Edition]
With this graphic card the PC would cost pretty much 1.100€.

Thanks a lot for your help,
blessings

I would not go below 600W with an R9 290(X), some of them can peak at over 350W power draw.

As for the card itself, I have one and play at 2560x1440 the only game that gives me trouble is Crysis 3, Ultra settings. In your case it might be overkill but I would still get it, the price/performance on it is quite good still

I would also beef up the PSU. Be Quiet! are a great brand, so you can stick with them, no worries. :slight_smile: Personally, I would go with 650 watts, but get more than 580, which is one of their specific power levels.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Do you guys think the Radeon R9 280 (ASUS R9280-DC2T-3GD5 DirectCU II TOP, 3GB GDDR5) will still make it?
It’s 100 € less.

I could also get the 600W-Version for PSU, it’s just a few € more. The question is, if it would still be necessary with the R9 280?

I wouldn’t. Nividia GTX970 or AMD 290 or 290X. (The 280 is closer in performance to the 270 than the 290). Anything less wouldn’t be enough of an upgrade.

i would go for the 970, as you wouldn’t need to upgrade the PSU. It pulls about 100 watts less than the 290X at full load.

Alright! Thank you very much for the advices!
So shall it be then!

Enjoy it! :cool:

Then start saving for a second monitor. :slight_smile:

definitely! I’m already looking around if some one got a good monitor!

What price range are your monitors?
Is the 21:9 a good format for UE4?

would having Dual BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch Monitors be good ?