New PC Build

So I have built a high end gaming pc and spent around 2500$ on it, obviously for gaming. I figured since it was so powerful I would be able to develop a game with UE4 with the same pc. To my surprise the pc does ok but no where near where I’ve seen the UE4 dev team or other developers perform with high end graphics or high rendering costs. I was curious, what kind of hardware should I invest in for a really good development pc?

I’ve seen the UE4 dev team or other
developers perform with high end
graphics or high rendering costs

Can you provide an example of inadequate performance? I’ve heard horror stories about some marketplace assets bringing hi-end machines to a grind.

It’s hard to advise or even suggest anything since we don’t know what the issue or the machine configuration is.

For all we know you might be sitting on a 2x2080ti with 8GB system RAM and a 5400 rpm HDD - despite costing $2500, it would not be a great experience in UE4…

I’m almost certain that’s not the case, but please do share if you can.

I was curious, what kind of hardware
should I invest in for a really good
development pc?

• 8-12 HT cores that can push beyond 4GHz
  • 32 GB+ is recommended
  • 2070 or better
  • NVMe drive
  • 2x 1440p screens
  • a chair that does not break your back
  • an overclocked coffee mug

This will keep most things snappy. Double the above for a really good experience but then we’re moving past $2500.

Lol thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn’t get back to this sooner!
My Specs are:
Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
NVMe SSD 1TB
RAM: 16GB (another 16GB on the way)
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x 8-Core 16-Thread
Of Course I had a tech guy build it so the end cost was 2500 but from what I understand the parts are pretty close to that. Is this a decent build for UE4 or should I invest in better parts?

It’s a very respectable configuration, especially with extra memory.

Awesome thanks for the insight!