I would greatly appreciate some help with a with I thought would be a very simple mod
I have spent most of the day reading various guides on how to do it, I gave it a try for the last 5 hours and I am now at a point of complete frustration and confusion.
Currently all I am trying to do it edit the following file. “PrimalItemResource_Craftable” and change the variable “Repair Resource Requirement Multiplier” to 0.1 from 0.5.
Firstly I have done the following.
- Created a new mod folder in the mod section.
- Copied in the template files from GenericMod
- Changed the names and set the Primal Game Data to in the world settings to the my new mod version, Force load map is empty, I have tried changing Gamemode Override to the my mod version and also leaving it at none, same result.
- I copy over the PrimalItemResource_Craftable file to my mod folder and make the required variable change
- I press play and give it a test, ofc it does not work. Repair costs are still 50% instead of 10%
I read about references, but tbh I have no idea how they work and how I can change references and what I should even change them to? In the end once working I would upload it to steam and then put it on my private server.
Any help would be amazing!