New Mixamo Price Plans - Animation For All

Hi Community!

So after a couple months of work, pouring over data, and collaboration with pricing professionals, we (Mixamo) have rolled out a new pricing model on our site (www.mixamo.com) prioritizing accessibility for developers and artists at all levels.

Here’s the skinny:

• Assets are a simple, flat rate. Pay per use costs are reduced across the board.
  • Three tiers of plans to choose from. In addition to All Access, we are now offering Starter and Indie plans at price points that appeal to a wider range of users.
  • More flexibility. You can pay per use, choose a month-to-month plan or pay for a year up front and get 2 months free and be able to download all the animations allotted at that level right away.

More info:

http://blog.mixamo.com/more-mixamo-plans-for-all

https://www.mixamo.com/pricing

Happy to answer any and all questions and and field any and all feedback. Rock n’ roll! \m/

Awesome!

I love Mixamo but the pricing model wasn’t right for me - these options are far better :smiley:

These are actually great news. I’m interested in the Indie plans, although I’m a bit concerned on Fuse Basic vs Fuse full version. Where can I see the differences between those products?

Thanks!

Edit: I take for granted that you can retarget the current Mixamo free package animations to any rigs made with these plans, is this correct? So you would be able to easily use the default 7 animations plus the ones you download from the website.

The full version of Fuse is on sale on Steam for the next 18h at Fuse on Steam if you are after that it’s probably more cost effective to just buy it once and choose the Starter subscription.
Since they all use the Mixamo Rig retargeting animations shouldn’t be a problem.

The only thing I don’t like about the Starter plan is that I can only auto-Rig Fuse characters and not my own. I mean if it’s easy to create custom characters in Fuse that would be no problem, but so far the workflow seems rather complicated for importing custom meshes.

So the pricing is much better. What is meant by the animation limit? Is that how many actual stored animations you can download from mixamo servers via fuse? For example, I have already bought a license to fuse via steam. For me, getting a maximum of 5 animations per month to download, under the indie plan, for my fuse character for $50 a month seems really excessive.

hmm…indie plan looks interesting. I have questions about animations

*10 animations per month - this means 10 animations from whole catalog or are there pre-selected “indie animations”?

Really good news :slight_smile: when I first watched at the store after buying fuse, and seing characters most being around 50-70$ and anims also a lot each I was a little bit suprised. Now it’s really awesome in comparison to this. I must say, none should complain now about the pricing because getting a full character library, and 5 anims per month for 25$ monthly is just… Awesome!!!

from Mixamo here,
saw the post and thought Id chime in.

To clarify, for the indie level its 10 animations/month and has FacePlus and the Decimator included (although I realize that this is an Unreal forum and FacePlus for Unity/MoBu probably isnt a huge draw for you lol).

Animation limit is just how many paid animations you are allotted to download included in the plan (the free ones are always free to everyone, you get 5,10, or 50 premium animations/month depending on the plan - there’s no tiered categorization of the animations, its the whole catalog)

Fuse Basic has much less content included and does not have the ability to import your own custom assets. I think the best deal for Fuse atm, honestly, is Fuse from Steam (always has 2 autorigs from Fuse/week) and if you have a month where you need to crank out models go for one month of the month-to-month starter plan and get some animations at the same time. (one month of the month-to-month…I am a wordsmith)

Thanks for the feedback. Just FYI, a good portion of the rationale for offering unlimited Fuse autorigs at all levels is we want to encourage people to make Fuse-compatible assets where they can. We are working on a sharing center/store where users can give or sell their custom Fuse assets. We want to nurture a community that feeds itself and helps grow Fuse content exponentially for the benefit of all.

Hope that helps,