New Metahuman Face and Body Detached when using control rig

Nevermind. I thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtzbxD0CF8&t=42s was onto something, provided you uncheck “Disable Post Process Blueprint,” but it doesn’t appear the head mesh will stay with the body if it’s walking around. Maybe there’s something I’m missing here about bone parenting.

Hello,

Maybe try this solution, see if it works.

I add the layered blend per node at the end of the post process animation blueprint for the face. I tested if the face rig still works, or if the rig breaks somehow, so far I have not seen issues.

If in sequencer, you have a control rig track and an animation track on the face, and if the animation won’t play even if the control rig is muted, try setting the force custom mode on the animation in sequencer.

This is “The Answer” and the most important reply in this thread, thank you.

1 Like

I think EMDO currently has the best solution to this:

I made changes in the blueprint for the face. However, when I tried to set the custom mode to use the animation blueprint option for the face, it reverted back to custom mode after pressing save."

I made changes in the blueprint for the face. However, when I tried to set the custom mode to use the animation blueprint option for the face, it reverted back to custom mode after pressing save."