New Launcher ಠ_ಠ

I like new icon.
And be more honest, I really don’t care how icon looks. It can stay way, or be pink elephant. Whatever.

Guys, Let’s be honest!

It’s important to have an awesome interface, for improving the image of the company. When you’re in awesome launcher, it makes you feel just right that you’re in the right place, and you’ve picked the most awesome engine. And it’s not shallow to judge by things like that, because there’s hints in everything how much the devs care about details and imperfections.

It doesn’t freeze up at all like it used to…so its a real pleasure to use now and the visual design is great

Overall … I like the Launcher … the only gripe I have is … the constant requirement to fix my links. I purposefully keep my Desktop free from Links and I move the Start Menu link to a more organised location.

Please tell me there is a way to disable check … you guys are messing with my OCD. 8-p

[=WarpSpasm;214883]
It doesn’t freeze up at all like it used to…so its a real pleasure to use now and the visual design is great
[/]

Oh yeah … is awesome … I use to have moments in the past where the Editor would temporarily freeze up for a second or two … seems to have gone bye-bye. 8-}

Hi ,

The new launcher gives you access to multiple programs from Epic. It is a place for Unreal Engine 4 users and Unreal Tournament users to access the programs, which is why we changed the name from the Unreal Engine Launcher to Epic Games Launcher. In addition, the launcher contains our learn tab and marketplace. After looking at , it was decided that Epic Games Launcher was a more fitting name that encompassed more of what the launcher offers.

I hope you don’t intend to place the shortcut icons everywhere each time you update the launcher. Especially not if you’re going to do it in multiple places. :slight_smile:

The old icon looked much more appealing to me.

Furthermore, Unreal sounds more appealing than Epic in my opinion. So you are being more consistent now, but lost a tiny bit of the vibe :slight_smile:
(btw if you plan to launch Unreal Engine and Unreal tournament from it, I don’t see an with the “Unreal Launcher” name :slight_smile: Unless there will be other games)

[=dimitrov;217359]
btw if you plan to launch Unreal Engine and Unreal tournament from it, I don’t see an with the “Unreal Launcher” name :slight_smile: Unless there will be other games)
[/]

… Like Fortnite? :wink:

The minimize to tray function like Steam has is still missing. I think alot of people would appreciate that. :slight_smile:

Small I just noticed. But I loaded the launcher with my wifi disconnected and so it presented me an error about not knowing the version information, asking me retry or continue… I connected my wifi and told it to retry but it continued acting as though I was still without internet access even though it was now readily available (I told it to retry a number of times in case it just took a while). I had to quit the launcher and reload it for it to identify I now had an active internet connection.

Love the new launcher, but I wish there was an option to sort the projects by last opened time instead of always alphabetical. When you have 20+ projects and pretty much always only use the same 2-3 it would be nice to not have to hunt through them all.

Minimize to tray

[=HEGI;217434]
The minimize to tray function like Steam has is still missing. I think alot of people would appreciate that. :slight_smile:
[/]

I can agree. That would be VERY nice. The “minimize to tray” function is a musthave nowdays I think.

I can agree. That would be VERY nice. The “minimize to tray” function is a musthave nowdays I think.
[/]

is logged as a request in our system as OPP-103.