New guy needs help

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and i’m completely new to Unreal Engine 4, but it seems really easy to work with, “says the guy who is new” :slight_smile:

I do have some problems tho, or at this stage, actually only two

First being, i’m following this tutorial, from Unreal Engine itself, and it says i should use ALT + END to snap my ESP box to the grid, but it doesn’t really work

Second being, when trying to copy a mesh, like he is doing in this tutorial, ?v=woBMRKWX0qM&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gak1_FoAJVrEGiLIploeF3F&index=2

He says you basically needs to hold in ALT, and then drag it to another place to make a copy of the mesh, but that doesn’t work either.

I’m currently running Unreal Engine 4 on 4.6.0

Anyone knows what i can do here?

Thanks,

Alex

1. atm there is a bug with the snapping when you use BSP brushes :slight_smile:
  2. hmm, really strange -> what happens when you try to copy a bsp or a skeletal mesh?

The ALT + drag should work without any problems.

How exactly did you try it? You will have to move one of the arrows (or the lines between them) to actually move the thing while holding down ALT. Otherwise it will just rotate or scale the actor.
And you have to not just try to drag the actual mesh but actually (try) move it in order to have a duplicate of it.