New forum update feedback

I can only see this on mobile is I’m on holiday (still can’t help checking this forum every day!) but the new site looks terrible, feels like a massive step backwards. What was even wrong with the old forum that it needed to change? Please put it back!

On https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…-from-7p-9p-et I see a Reply Button up top but not down below. The Post Reply button does nothing.

Is the thread locked? If so, there is really no real indication that the thread is locked and is super confusing.

If you turn on forum signatures, they’re super ugly. #DeathOfTheSignature.

I like the new design but it is just theme. Guys, please understand that this update is more than just theme change. I belive new VB supports much more features that can be implemented later.

Oh please please bring back a dark theme. The new style is real photonic overkill for my eyes :frowning:

Thanks for all the feedback! We will be fixing the theme, icons and such as well as rebuilding he dark theme ASAP.

thanks for your patience! Hopefully some of the added functionality proves to be beneficial for everyone in the meantime

I dont care about much (forum-wise_, changes are changes… but… uhm. I need a dark-mode asap because this generic white stuff is hurting my eyes.
#allwebsitesDark

To successfully save settings in your profile, add random name (dajwldjaowjdliajwdl works for me) to ignore list, press “Tab” and save.

Is there a New Posts button somewhere? I don’t want to dig through every forum. I liked just hitting the button on the old forum and skimming through the list.

Here are some CSS stuff.

#header {
    height: auto;
​​​​​​​    padding: 10px 0;
}

It would be great if you’d set fixed width to 960px or similar in the new theme. Or make it an option, or alternative skin.
It’s really decreases readability and comfort if forum simply uses all the screen width. It’ easy to tweak now since you’re reworking a skin or making a new one :wink:

By all means, gentlemen, whatever you did to the forum, I hope it was worth it. The default theme looks like a huge leap back as compared to previous one.

Where do I find my subscribed threads?

I can’t seem to find New Posts button anywhere either - that was my primary means of viewing :frowning:

Hello,

Thanks for the update and here’s my feedback.

1. Not able to post on this thread for some reason: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…-from-7p-9p-et
  2. New theme is really not pleasant at all. It’s very hard on the eyes and since everything is in shades of white it’s a bit confusing/hard to navigate. Please take a look at these couple forums for better design ideas and more interesting use of colors/fonts and everything:

https://forum.cryengine.com/?sid=462…9e311ae8f01136

1. Join date under every username is a useless piece of info that’s keep hitting the eyes. It would be better to keep that visible on the profile page only.
  2. Avatars are a must for every community. It helps to quickly identify people without having to read the usernames of every single post. There are people who don’t like to have avatars. Simply let them disable it on their end but don’t disable such standard feature for everyone!

It seems that accounts are blocked from responding to anything under the “Announcements” section. I’m looking into it.

1. Missing black theme (i have workaround by browser plugin but sometimes it isnt good at certain things)
  2. Avatars please, but disable animated avatars - they are real cancer and bad for concentration
  3. as maximum dev mentioned, join date would be moved into profile only

I’m having issues replying to some threads, not all of them some of them, like the twitch event thread for composure for tomorrow. Thanks! Also are there other themes, so much white space…

I have 20/20 eyesight. I shouldn’t need a magnifying glass to read a forum. The icons and font sizes are way too small. The light blue text on the thread lists doesn’t contrast enough to the white background, at least not at this size. 240, 240, 240 text on 100,100,100 background please. I should never be seeing this much 255, 255, 255.

The new forum style has issues:

Font hard to read
Have to manually type last topic page number into form field
Search not working
Image display was better before (full resolution)
No latest posts link on landing page …
No signatures, why?

Imho, roll back, the prior theme was perfect