New Forum Features Inbound?

[MENTION=11810] [/MENTION] it looks like @ just nailed its use - basically the same way it’s used on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc. Bring people into conversations, bring attention to others from others.

For instance, I can say - “Wow, [MENTION=947]Ray Davis[/MENTION] has a sweet, sweet beard!”

This let’s Ray know we’re talking about him, AND you can click on his name to figure out who Ray Davis is.

…It seems this stuff actually works.

~

Come on, [MENTION=14973][/MENTION].

Couldn’t you allow me to think I was royally messing up and potentially destroying things for just a little bit longer?

~

Pretty neat feature. Are likes going to be making a comeback by the way? =P

@SE_JonFUnlikes are cooler for me, but they have to be anomymus, to launch chaos full potential
I need the rest of 2016, to understand mentioning. I train it daily now and hold strictly diet, but complicated stuff everywhere.
:slight_smile:

I do believe the like system was anonymous when they tried it out. =)

But they should be fair and make a big blinking box, about easy IP Ident stuff, when someone starts a “hatemobcarrierattack”.
Anonym = Ï Reality]

@Luftbauch an anonymous dislike button would be awesome. I can already see ppl smashing the button on every post they can find. :smiley:

I think I’ve just understand “mentioned”. But what’s about “tagged”?

Hi @SchnitzelDude^^
Some years ago i went another way.
Sell virtual rotten apples for a buck, somewhere in the Maketplace. Rotten eggs/chicken heads/flowers and other goodies for a buck.
You can then throw stuff at a user and it’s actualized, where now the mentions are.
“User got thrown with 20 rotten eggs and smells bad now…”
Same reputation system, but more creative and it makes the shop owner richer.
Time for epic, to allow selling of forum modifications, on the Marketplace.

Haha @Luftbauch!

Someone suggested this for Reddit instead of gilding someone you would pay to dislike a comment. A lot of people were down for that.

It definitely shows the nature of internet forums :cool:

Call me the santa claus of mentions ^^
@Conkerballs @franktech
klingklingklingkling