float: left;
    position: relative;
    width: 180px;
    padding: 2px 10px 5px;
    font-size: 11px;
    display: block;
    /*background: #f2f6f8 none;*/
}

And clean up, optimize your styles, most of it is not even being used, waste of bandwidth.

Thanks for the heads up! We’ll see what we can do

Just to add to this, author names are way too small and clicking a thread results in an extra redirect to [thread name]#post_0. Which means, you have to hit back twice. Very irritating.

Also, I don’t see the point in being able to rate a thread and upvote it (or posts in a thread). It just adds more clutter. This isn’t Reddit and people coming here for help on a specific topic really aren’t going to care about the thread rating. More important would be a “marked as solved” feature, so that people can see which issues are resolved or which threads have answers in them.

Should be good to go now! sorry bout that.

We’re working to improve a lot of things on the forums, so we’ll do our best to keep this in mind :slight_smile:

We’re looking into the #post_0 redirect, total high priority of ours to get fixed!

We’re definitely not looking to make the forums act like reddit in the sorting / exposure sort of way whatsoever. The core functionality of the forums will totally remain as such, as we know how wonderful of a tool they are for everyone to use for discussion. The voting is there to give you, the community, another tool to show each other and Epic things that you all enjoy seeing.

For instance, in the case of the Feedback for Epic forum here, voting could help us better understand how the community feels as a whole on specific issues, requests, etc. For Work-In-Progress, we hope to see projects with tons of upvotes from others in the community :cool:

Since the forums are typically long form discussion, lasting at times up to years, we feel the feature you mentioned better is better suited for sites like the Unreal Engine AnswerHub where problems or questions typically have a binary, discrete solution.

Appreciate the feedback though! Stay tuned for a fix on the redirect, that certainly should not be happening. Also, welcome to the forums! It’s cozy 'round these parts.

there are a way to track who is downvote a post, just asking neponi.png

Maybe that is the problem that I see with the voting: the forums as a whole are inconsistent. Voting certainly can have a place for something like the feedback or WIP sections. High votes are easily correlated to interest or quality. But what does it mean for something like the questions which are posted in the Blueprint section? Does it correlate to a good answer, a good discussion or a desire for someone to answer the question? Same question for the general discussion section; what are we supposed to glean from a high upvote there?

I’m not expecting a change, but I’m also not expecting it to be a useful statistic outside of a few subforums. I just see a lot of places which use ratings or upvoting to try to quantify the value of a thread and I don’t see it working well in any situation. Reddit is one of the worst offenders and I honestly don’t see the benefit for questions posted on Stack Overflow either (arguably one of the “best” ratings systems implemented). I know when I come here, I’m looking for a solution to a problem (which I can usually find after some searching, hence the low post count) and I usually come to the solution through tangential discussions.

Thanks for taking care of the styling issues quickly.

I’m agree with @mairsil, i can see voting being really useful at marketplace and maybe somewhere else, but in a place like “feedback for epic”, no.

I think the place of the rating (the first thing on the left everywhere) is not good, I mean, it’s really not the most important information about a thread, so it should not be the first thing visible, even before the name. It should be somewhere on the right, next to the attachment icon, the info about the tags used etc. At the moment I think it does not look too nice.

+1 for that, this morning I was totally confused when I saw it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, and you could even upvote my post now on top of saying +1 :cool: Though upvoting posts seems to be a bit buggy, I just tried to upvote yours and I needed to refresh the page 2 times before I saw my vote applied. I think this should be visible without a need for manually refreshing the page. :slight_smile:

For me the upvote feature is not working with Firefox 40.0.2

Can try try to refresh the page after hitting the vote arrow? We’re seeing instances of it not auto-reflecting the vote, but it’s taking it

Ah ok, working. :slight_smile: