New "dead pin" functionality buggy

Just updating to 4.17.1
This is a UI widget on the left part of the screen that implements an interface. the interface is depicted on the right side.
Whenever I load the project I get a red error log

LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler CreateLawScreen] In use pin  Unique Crime ID  no longer exists on this node. Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.
LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler DanceScreen1] In use pin  Dance Move ID  no longer exists on this node. Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.

the pin is clearly there. I removed the event node on the left and then re-entered the node and connected. When I copile, I get the green light. I save the widget and close the editor. When I reload the project, the same error is there again and the BP compiler tells me the pin does not exist

Second error: the FOR node should have 0 in the FROM field. I enter it and save but when I reload the project that field is cleared like in the shot

Update: I had to compile the interface, then compile the using widget and save both, then the error with the pin goes away. Probably this should be automated or at least should the user be given a warning that the interface that the class uses needs to be recompiled although it shows no error

However the 0 field issue is still there. On each reload the 0 is gone and the from field is empty

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

Hello ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Thanks,

LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler WidgetButtons] In use pin Lesson 01 no longer exists on this node. Please refresh node or break links to remove pin.