New C++ wiki on network replication posted

Hi Community,

I’ve posted a new Replication Wiki that I feel is pretty thorough and goes into some details and even covers examples of how to replicate subobjects (i.e. AActors that contain UObjects). I know there are a couple other network replication wiki’s there but they were pretty sparse, and mine should help give people some more detail and hopefully help newcomers understand UE4’s networking architecture better. Unreal’s networking system really is a gem and if you know how to use it it really is quite powerful.

This looks great. I am just about to start learning about Replication with UE. Ill look through this one first :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

Beautiful, thanks a lot! This will come in handy one day.

Nice one.

Thansk,

That looks great, big thanks!

Nicely done. Bravo.

Keep it up!

Great work !

Very extensive wiki!

As if by magic, on clients their Subobject UPROPERTY will contain a valid pointer to the newly replicated object after it is received from the server.”

Haha I’ve used that phrase myself many times when describing UObject pointer replication, it amazes me very time, great work Epic network devs!

Thanks for sharing !

:slight_smile:

Awe thanks , of course this is nowhere near the amount you’ve contributed! Thanks for the tweaks and well wishes!

Hey, thanks for this. It helped me out a ton.

Yes this is great stuff am sure everyone in the community is thank full.
You think you could add something about replicating with conditions?
If its not to much to ask.

Edit: Explination on replication conditions can be found . :smiley:
https://.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?1690-New-blog-post-Network-Tips-and-Tricks
Network Tips and Tricks - Unreal Engine

Keep up the great work.
Cheers!

Good stuff. I know a lot of users will find this extremely helpful!