New - c++ project build errors

Hey I’m new and frustrated because I’m stuck already. I’m attempting to build a new c++ project (basic code) with starter content. I keep getting errors, despite having reinstalled visual studio 15 and 17. I made sure to include c++ files from visual studio and also downloaded and applied what I could find from visual studio tools.
I have restarted my computer to be sure.

Here is the error I’m getting:

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.14/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe BE1 Development Win64 -project=“C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects/03_BuildingEscape/BE1/BE1.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for BE1Editor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\03_BuildingEscape\BE1\BE1.uproject” “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\03_BuildingEscape\BE1\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BE1Editor\Development\BE1Editor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for BE1Editor in 2.1321848 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 7 actions (4 in parallel)
[2/7] Resource PCLaunch.rc
[3/7] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
PCH.BE1.h.cpp
BE1.generated.cpp
BE1.cpp
BE1GameModeBase.cpp
[7/7] Link UE4Editor-BE1.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘ws2_32.lib’
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\03_BuildingEscape\BE1\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BE1.dll
Total build time: 24.18 seconds

That’s a windows sdk dll, do you have the windows 10(or whatever version of windows you’re using) SDK installed?

I am having the same issue. Windows 10 SDK is installed but the relative lib dir seems somehow hidden

Do you have all of these enabled in the VS 2017 installer?

• Desktop development with .NET
  • Desktop development with C++
  • Game development with C++

The windows 8.1 sdk also needs to be enabled under individual components.