New Blueprint Networking Tutorial Videos Posted

You could use GetBaseAimRotation for the pitch of your head (because it’s replicating aiming pitch already). But I found no function that is already replicating the yaw rotation of your controler. This is ok if you use up and down for aiming and turn the hole character (feet sliding over the gound) for your yaw (as it is used in various FPS). But this is too less for a full head or (upper-body) turning. So I ended up via spamming GetControlRotation into a replicated variable set via a custom event as “Run on Server” in my characters BP and using that one (which contains pitch and yaw) in the anim bp for aim-yaw (and finally used it in a similar way like it was done here without replication: v=dnX5oDJujCA).

Sweet appreciate those tips. Just getting something going in UE4, and started to realize I should be starting on implementing a server.

otherwise I’ll end up with to much fixing down the road. :smiley:

I would recommend to always launch 3 players if you deal with replicated animations (2 clients and one listening server) - especially regarding that aiming stuff. The server does not forward all informations to all other clients even if he knows the control rotation already. So I was happy at first because it looked like it should with just one client and a listening server as my second player but had to recreate a lot of stuff after starting a 3rd player.

That is some more good info. All the tuts I’ve seen are with 2 clients, so I would have done the same thing.

I’m completely baffled, are the tutorial updated with the versions current in UE4, because my custom event doesn’t have any mention of clients at all?

@Zedrophobe With your custom event selected look at the details panel on the right hand side. There is a Graph tab in it. Where it says replicates select the drop down and you have the option to change it to a replicated Custom event by choosing to Run it on server or client side only.

Just want to make a request: Would love a blueprint tutorial on spawning a predicted projectile on the client, something like a rocket launcher. I understand the shooter sample project does this in C++, but I’m curious if this is doable in blueprint. Thanks!

Why is this tutorial series not listed in ? Its the best introduction into replication ive seen so far! I only found this thread by accident and the videos are pure gold! I had so many problems these past days with Actor and Particle replication and after this series it went so smooth. Thanks for creating these!

Hello everyone,

Here is a video on how I replicated some multiplayer shooter stuff, this is a watered down version of other videos contained on my patreon page, but this should get you going!

Unreal Engine 4 - (Tutorial) Quick And Dirty Blueprint Shooter Replication
?
If you like what you learn in this video, feel free to join my patreon page!

Give this one a whirl!

Hy all!
I have some problem with a widget.
All function works, but i use ammu instead of bombcount, and it will be appear in a widget, but i tested it with 2 players, the number of ammu appear right on the text render, but “replicate” the values in all of client.
I created a function, widget and the widget’s variable in the game instance to show and hide with cast. The instance is applies to every client? This will be my problem?

And if i open the level from other map, i cant see other player :confused:
I have 3 level
Login level
CHaracter selection level
and the gameworld level

Really enjoyed the your tutorials. To the point, and unlike most of UE4’s videos, you didn’t spend 75% of the time adjusting blueprint placements and connections around.
My question comes down to multiplayer, more on the C++ side, but should be relevant to either. I have a project that I’m working on in which I have a bunch of machines that sit idle, waiting for a command (We’ll call them student machines for this case). Let’s say 10 student machines need to listen to 1 instructor machine. The instructor machine shouldn’t load into the student’s game, but should be able to send a command (or custom event) to the student machine. The instructor machine will have a simple dashboard to monitor all of the other machines, but I can’t seem to find a way to trigger an event from another machine. Another issue is that after the instructor machine triggers a student machine event, the student machine needs to switch over to a listen server to allow the instructor to, then and only then, join the student game session. Since you seem to be knowledgeable on the subject, I was wondering if you could give me any input or point me in the right direction?

Hey Billy
No questions, I just wanted to thank you for this very concise and helpful series :slight_smile:
also “A key programmer skill is to find assets the aritist made, and use it in way they didn’t intend, so it makes them sad.” are words I live by <3