Hi, I have a question about Unreal networking (with Blueprints)
- Player create online game with “Create Session” node + "Open Level (listen option) node.
- Another player manually entering IP adress on input field and clicking enter button. After this is used “Execute Console Command” node with command option: “open 127.0.0.1” (the chosen IP address from input field).
- The second player joined the online game and everything is fine.
- BUT if server not exist and the player can’t connect there, how I can catch this event? I try with GameInstance: Event NetworkError and Event TravelError but they don’t fire… also if I using “Create Session” + “Join Session” and server player disconnect, then client player catch GameInstance: Event NetworkError.
I would like players to have “manually connect to IP address” feature with the opportunity to catch connection fails. Is this possible?
- I try it without “Create Session”, just "Open Level (listen option) node and console command “open IP” to wrong address. Again not work, I can’t catch connection fail.
- I try it with standalone packaged project, opens 2 times and again not work. The same like a PlayInEditor (PIE).
- I am using network NULL subsystem with Unreal 4.18.2
So, Event NetworkError and Event TravelError working only with session nodes? (Create/Find/Join), but what about manual connect with console command “open IP”?