.NET Framework SDK issue

Heya,

Sorry if this isnt the correct spot for this. I’m looking for some assistance. Downloaded the new Unreal Engine to play with the new features.

I get this error: An error occurred while trying to generate project files.

Running D:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.24/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“J:/Documents/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Discovering modules, targets and source code for project…
ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.

I’ve tried looking for information on how to fix this. Like updating my .net framework which is at 4.8 it turns out…

Any clue?

I have the same problem, so any help would be useful.
I am using VS2019 version 16.4.0
With UE4.23 and previous versions I have no problems.

I figured it out! Okay in order to fix this you need to update via Visual Studio. :slight_smile: It now works for me.

Could you please explain better what do you need to update, and which are the steps you did?

I solved it as well.

In case someone else has the same problem, as @CupcakexBrigade3 mentioned, I installed the .NET Framework SDK (version 8 in my case) directly from the Visual Studio Installer. I’ve never done it for previous version of the engine, but 4.24 requires it.

2 Likes

Visual Studio Installer - Modify - Individual components - search “SDK” - select latest version of .NET Framework X.X SDK - Modify

6 Likes

Thanks! Worked perfectly.

When I wanted to do packaging today, I had the same problem. The Net framework, NET and Windows SDK were all up to date. Then I tried to update the device (My Computer) via the “Launch On Menu”,

then I got the same error message as here:

Exactly as described there, just had the engine installation verified, the EPIC launcher had also downloaded and installed something in the process, then I was able to pack again.

I Hope this will help others too, if they have this problem.