Net Driver Listen Failure (Steam)

Hi everyone,
I have currently started following Unreal Engine’s Blueprint Multiplayer tutorial series. I got to the end of the 11th video, where they integrated Steam. After trying to test this, whenever I try to host a server, after a few seconds of working it brings me back to the first level and returns an error of ‘Net Driver Listen Failure’. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Note: I have enabled the Steam SubSystem plugin, and triple checked the defaultengine.ini

Thanks!

1 Like

I found the root of my problem, which created the exact same out come. I had enabled the steam sockets addon which was not configured nor used by me and that most likely blocked or overwritten the normal netdriver. Disabling it worked fine In my case. I can’t say that your problem has the same cause but maybe it helps. I also tried a lot of different things to get it to work like updating steam and a lot of testing and debugging.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

P.S.: I got working basic projects like the Stem unreal example or my own, which both work fine and can conect from two different PCs over steam. If you want to have those I’d be happy to share them or help you out in another way idk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had the same problem and turning off the steam sockets plugin fixed it, thanks ! :cool:

Hey Leute Danke hatte das gleiche, war schon am verzweifeln. Danke

your server’s ports must be between 27015 and 27050 to start listening with SteamNetDriver. If the ports are exactly 27015 or 27050 it won’t work, it needs to be between that range, if it’s out of range the server will also work, but it won’t show up in the steam server list. Start your server like “-log -port 27022” This link will help you: Ports Required for Steam . Do not forget to open the ports on the modem and windows, you also need to disable the firewall.

I’m using SteamSocket plugin.

My DefaultEngine.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
!NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray
+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/SteamSockets.SteamSocketsNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/SteamSockets.SteamNetSocketsNetDriver")

;NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver") NÃO USADO

[Voice]
bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService="Steam"
bHasVoiceEnabled=true
bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
bUseSteamNetworking=true
bUseBuildIdOVerride=true
BuildIdOverride=1

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
bEnabled=true
SteamDevAppId=480