Steam Page - NeptuneGL on Steam
Discord Link - Gothic Serpent
NeptuneGL is a fast-paced three dimensional six degree of freedom space shooter game in which the player possesses a space ship and must fly in all dimensions to attack other ships. Heavily themed with a sci-fi aspect, the game includes lasers, missiles, and realistic movement physics with special focus on multiplayer. Kill limits and time limits can be set for multiplayer games, serving as good game goal states for a final winner to be determined in each and every online match up. Depending on the choice of the level at start, the game can be set in an enclosed mine-like zone, or an open space. There are several key features that constitute the gameplay:
- 5 primary weapons - lasers, a minigun, a railgun, rapid fire pulse cannon and charge cannon
- 6 secondary weapons - missiles, homing missiles, distortion grenades to push targets, cluster missiles that release homing blobs, fast cruise missiles, and a large impact heavy missile
- mines - a proximity mine and a cluster mine that releases homing blobs to target
- Player health indicators that are clearly visible to improve reaction time during a fight
- A radar system to always show where enemy ships are
- Instantly interchangeable camera views for first and third person
- Chat and server command system, so you can chat with players and change game settings in-game using console-type entry
- Push-to-talk networked voice functionality to talk to other players in-game
- Full detailed playable single player “Athena” level
- Added single player “Sky Box” level with spawning enemy waves for target practice
Hey guys! I’ll be posting updates here to the game as I get out of beta stage. Hope all of you enjoy my game, and I’ll be working on this in steam beta, going into early access, and even after it’s released. Nerdy? Yes. Fun, absolutely.
Enjoy the thrill of the hunt in this 6 degree of freedom space shooter with immersive graphics and multiplayer.
As of this posting, NeptuneGL was only in development for a few months before being picked up by steam, but I fully intend to keep beta testing the game until its in an early access on steam to try to get a larger userbase. I want to have as many users as possible playing my game, so keep the constructive comments and beta coming guys, I really enjoy working on creative stuff for extended periods and can’t live without it!
Thanks so much for checking out my game! <3 <3 <3 <3