Neovim as Source Code Editor

Hello there I’ve created plugin for Unreal Engine 5. And it’s allows you to edit your code through the neovim. Here is short demo of work. It’s just tested for Linux platform. Support for other platforms will be added soon. Here is pool request

4 Likes

Hello, I also have a plugin, but mine is for neovim. It’s a plugin+configuration, and gets syntax highlighting working for unreal engine, along with some familiar hotkeys

I absolutely love the idea, sorry to hear your PR was rejected. I think the reviewers don’t know what neovim is. don’t let it discourage you <3

1 Like

Man I’m trying very hard to integrate neovim on unreal engine, I put your changes manually and it fails. I’ll love to hear if you still use that code for your own plugin configuration.

@chuckie.meister

The OP’s plugin is a SourceCodeAcessor, it only allows for opening files by clicking at them inside of Unreal Editor, but nothing else - it won’t provide code competition, LSP navigation or syntax highlight, it does NOT serve any other purpose than opening files. Do you actually need this functionality?

Also, you don’t need to apply those patches into Engine source tree. You can find a standalone plugin on OP’s github (link below), but have in mind that code is unlicensed and abandoned.

1 Like

XD, one day. I’ll return for that plugin! XD Its not abandoned! :upside_down_face:

It has only one commit :v

Thank you very much for your reply, in that case I don’t need it. Still trying to find a way to have autocompletion without any weird errors like the following:

Do you have a proper compile_commands.json database? @chuckie.meister
clangd needs it in order to diagnose your code correctly.
You can check how it’s done here:

I get the compile_commands.json file from the Build.sh:

ue(){
    project_folder=$(basename "$(pwd)")

/bin/bash ~/Unreal_Engine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh \
        ~/Games/Unreal\ Projects/$project_folder/$project_folder.uproject \
        -game \
        -engine $project_folder\Editor Linux Development

/bin/bash ~/Unreal_Engine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh \
        -mode=GenerateClangDatabase \
        -project=/home/chm/Games/Unreal\ Projects/$project_folder/$project_folder.uproject \
        -game \
        -engine $project_folder\Editor Linux Development

mv ~/Unreal_Engine/compile_commands.json ~/Games/Unreal\ Projects/$project_folder/ 
}

but this only get my LSP auto-completion working, but it will throws too many errors on the editor. I put the compile_commands.json in my project root directory (where the .uproject file is place).